Additional Memorial Options
Best Friends Animal Society has a variety of memorials so you can memorialize and remember your pet or other loved on in a way that holds the most meaning for you.
In addition to these memorial gifts, these are many meaningful ways to remember a beloved pet or favorite person who has passed. Below, you can find ways to honor them, cope with the experience of loss and celebrate their life.
- Make a memorial donation to Best Friends: Your donation in memory of an animal or person will go straight to work helping homeless dogs and cats in Best Friends programs across the country.
- Create a fundraiser: Using our simple tools, you can raise money and awareness online to commemorate a beloved pet or person.
- Engrave a brick: An engraved brick is a touching memorial for a pet or person who has passed. Your brick may be engraved with a special name and/or message of your choosing. The brick will be placed permanently along a path at Angels Rest at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
- Find pet loss resources: Best Friends has online resources that can help with the grieving process.
- Attend a blessing: You are welcome to attend the blessing ceremony held at Angels Rest on the last Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
- View memorial merchandise: Express your sympathy, care and concern with a card, book, tokens (pewter stones perfect for placing on grave markers), or prayer flags (with memorial messages) from the Best Friends Store.
- Order sympathy cards: You may request a free package of two sympathy cards and a blank card with Best Friends scenery. Or you may call Donor Relations at 435-644-2001, ext. 4801.
- Say Goodbye in Best Friends magazine: You may submit a memorial for consideration on the “Saying Goodbye” page. Please send your submission, along with a photo of your pet, to email@example.com. Note: Because of the high number of submissions that we receive, we are unable to print every one.